Sunday, September 12, 2010

Love Affair with Sun Flare - New York, NY Lifestyle Photographer

I love sun flares!

Some photographers would argue that "sun flare" or "lens flare" ruins a perfectly good picture, and there are others who can appreciate its dramatic effect.  Different lenses produce different types of flares varying from super bright to barely there sparkles. Its one of those things which sometimes works in a photo and sometimes doesn't. Either way, I think its fun to play with the sun and its rays of light. If you catch it just right, you might be surprised at the end result. I think this is just sensational! Don't you?


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting post and I agree that most photographers frown on this technique simply because it can be considered a flaw. I've had success with sun flare especially when experimenting with B&W portraits.

Jasmine E. said...

Thanks for stopping by to read and taking the time to post your thoughts.

Through my adventures in photography, I've leared that its all subjective to the artistic taste of the photographer, and you most certainly can not please everyone. Its most important to love your work, and have fun doing it. Sun Flares are definitely not all that bad. :)

Anonymous said...

I love both this image and your analysis of the technique, Jasmine. I was talking with my boyfriend the other day, who could not understand why a sun flare would produce a "fashion" image (looking through some model ports). I feel like you either get it and appreciate it, or you don't. I for one, have always loved the technique when done well, and hope to take some sun-flare pics for my port one day! Great work!

Post a Comment

 
CoffeeShop Designs