Sunday, January 23, 2011

Exciting things in 2011! - New York, NY Wedding Photographer

I hope you’ve enjoyed the Holidays!!

I have to admit I’ve been very quiet over the last few weeks – too quiet for too long really.  I apologize for the limbo. Every winter, with the cold weather and the holidays taking over, I seem to go into hibernation mode. I’m sure most people go through the same thing this time of year, but hibernation mode makes for very low productivity levels. Not Good.  Fact of the matter is I need to snap out of it! I’m working on getting back into the swing of things and aim to keep running with the awesome energy of 2011!

I’d like to start my first post of 2011 with a little bit of good news …

I’m Engaged!!

On Christmas morning my boyfriend of nearly ten years got down on one knee and asked for my hand in marriage. Whoo-hoo! The last few weeks have been bombarded with droves of wedding planning. We’re wasting no time here and plan to have our big day in the fall of 2011, (less than ten months away- Eeek!) so I’ve been in high gear. While there have been moments of intense stress, I have been enjoying the planning process and I’m beyond excited to see things fall into place.  Along with planning my own wedding, I have a few resolutions for myself. Not really “New Years Resolutions” just … ehh … resolutions for this year.


In 2011 I plan to:

1. Get fit for The Big Day (cliché but necessary as a bride to be – um, who doesn’t want to feel GORGE on their big day?)

2. Make sure I keep the momentum moving forward in my business ventures (yes, I plan to shoot even more weddings, make bigger networking efforts, expand my internet presence and grow my business this year)

3. Blog more (there’s absolutely no reason why I can’t maintain at least one post per week – I really need to get it together here)

Maybe I’m in way over my head, but I don’t feel like it – at least not at the moment. After some reflection I feel like I’m exactly where I need to be in my personal life and with my business. I think this moment hit me like a bolt of lightning – more than ever I feel like I’m meant to be a photographer, more specifically a wedding photographer. From the minute the “I’m getting married!” feeling set in, I realized I would now be more emotionally in tune with my clients and future clients than ever before.  I will have experienced what she’s feeling, or will be experiencing her exact feelings down the road over the next few months. I will understand her anxiety, her concerns and even more importantly MY role as her photographer on her big day. I will understand her blood, sweat and tears, the importance of every single detail she worked so hard on to make her wedding perfect and the value the images will carry for her after the day is over.  Yep, it just clicked. There’s really nothing like experience something first hand.  Seriously.

Well, I'd like to thank everyone for their support so far! So many new ideas and significant changes will be taking place in my life and with my business this year.  I'm really looking forward to the hard work and greatness 2011 has to offer. Its gonna be an amazing ride. 

2 comments:

Darrin E said...

Hey Jasmine - A big congratulations to you on your engagement. So as a photographer, what are you looking for in someone that will shoot your wedding? Just saw your post on OSP which led me here.

Darrin
http://DarrinEstepPhotography.com/

Jasmine E. said...

Hi Darrin,

Thanks for stoping by! OSP is like my favorite place these days. :)
I'm looking for someone with an eye to capture all the moments that tell the story of my wedding day. Simple but Stunning photography. A good mix of photojournalism and editorial style husband & wife portraits. And yes, I now understand the importance of finding just the right photographer for you!

Post a Comment

 
CoffeeShop Designs