Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Defining Me - New York, NY Photographer

Second blog post for this week. Hollaaaaa!

I feel like I’m on a roll or something.  I better save some of the things in my head I want to talk about and spread them out over the next few weeks or I'll surly run out of stuff to write about.  I want you to know that focusing on this post has actually caused me to burn dinner. Blogging is intense!

Some of you may or may not know that I’m absolutely obsessed with Jasmine Star - and what wedding photographer isn’t? – I mean ...

1. We share the same first name 

and 

2. She is THE GURU of contemporary Wedding Photography!

Seriously. She has risen to the top of the wedding photography totem pole in only 5 years – literally changed the wedding game as we know it. She left her scholarship at UCLA Law to pursue her photography passion. Who does that!? AND kicks butt at it?? Whenever I read her blog or listen to her speak I’m in a trance. Her words are worth more than gold. Every wedding photographer wants to be where she is and more importantly wants to know HOW she made it happen. Bottom line – J* was so focused, so passionate and so determined to make her dream a reality that nothing would get in her way. She never ever says, “it was easy”, but she always assures us ‘IT’ is possible.

Back in October I purchased the Wedding Photography Course with Jasmine Star on CreativeLive and boy was it was well worth the investment – over 10 hours of live wedding photography footage, image processing, brand development and Q&A up close and personal with J*! I watch these courses religiously every free minute I get. She’s like IN MY LIVINGROOM whenever I want! Into the first few hours of the CreativeLive course J* ask her  students to describe their photography style in three words.  According to J* your three words are essential to truly defining your photography style and I think it makes total sense.  Her Mantra: Always go into your shoot with your three words in mind and try to create images based on your three words. Be true to your three words and you will always captivate your audience - your future clients. This is the foundation of your “BRAND”.

Hmm. This is serious - I thought about it for some time, but nothing really came to mind. Trying to figure it out was actually a lot harder than I thought so I didn't try to force it. A few months went by and then BAM! Just like that it came to me a few nights ago while I literally lay in bed.

Simple.

Elegant.

Chic.

When I shoot, I pour my heart and soul into my images. My creative vision is ingrained in EACH frame I take – from camera to print.  I want to provide all my clients with amazing photos they’ll love forever – natural, stylish, beautiful pictures. I want my clients to think they could never ever look this good. Their photos are beautiful AND they look exactly like THEMSELVES.  This is the foundation for MY brand.

The “simple” – crisp, natural looking images

The “elegant” – pretty, polished, flattering images that tell viewers a story

The “chic” – stylish, current and sexy

Pretty cool, right?

I feel kinda awesome about my three words – can’t go wrong with that. :)


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
CoffeeShop Designs