Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Frost Bite & Inspiration in Central Park - New York, NY Wedding & Engagement Photographer

Just this Sunday, I had the opportunity to work as an assistant for Ceci B, Long Island wedding photographer who specializes in Bridal Boudoir.   I will be shooting with Ceci this Spring as the second photographer for a wedding taking place at the historic Oheka Castle! I'm insanely excited about the opportunity.  I'm shooting a Wedding in a CASTLE!!!! Its going to be an amazing day --  I. Can. Not. Wait.

I had a great time getting to know Ceci - talking life, business and photography. It really is refreshing to be able to learn from and teach another photographer -  Share ideas over lunch, bounce inspiration off one another and basically create a support group. We both walked away that day having learned new things, eager for Spring's arrival to be able to fully execute our visions and passions. 

This time around, I got to help with an engagement session,  maternity session and basic headshot session in Central Park.  I don't have to tell you how cold it was on Sunday. It was quite the disappointment after having such gorgeous weather on Friday.  Mother Nature is such a tease!! The clients were troopers about it, though. I have to admit, I'm quite the sissy when it comes to working in harsh weather conditions.  I must have had 12 layers on, shivering, teeth chattering, frostbit fingers and all. I even had wind burned cheeks at the end of the day. The oh-so-brave clients however, were pulling off their coats to get the best shot possible. I was VERY impressed. 

Between lugging equipment, holding coats, and aiming reflectors, I got to take a few frames during the engagement session.  I'm excited to be able to share a favorite of the cute fun couple. Although its not their wedding I'll be shooting this Spring, I'm very happy I got to meet them and wish these two all the best! Can you tell its 19 degrees out?? 


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
CoffeeShop Designs