Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Bridal Resource - Links to Help You Think - New York, NY Wedding and Engagment Photographer



Hello Lovelies!


As  I plan my own 2011 wedding, I spend dozens of hours online looking for inspiration, tips, ideas and advice. If you're anything like me, massive wedding websites like TheKnot can do more harm than good in your quest for wedding knowledge. There's a lot going on there - too much perhaps.  When you sign up, create an account and enter your wedding date, they calculate just how many days you have left 'till the wedding. The only thing that little count down clock does is remind me of all the stuff I didn't get around to doing! Can you say, "Un-neccsary Stress"?!?! About 10 minutes surfing TheKnot and I break a sweat. Stick a fork in me - I'm done. Thankfully through my own intensive searching, (as well as helpful tips from others) I've come across several very wonderfully fun websites which I would love to share with you here (For the Brides)!

*Photos not taken by Jasmine E. Photography*

 
1. www.google.com/weddings - Google for Weddings! At some point, we all need to make a wedding website. We're in 2011 for cryin' out loud - You need a website! Its just So. Darn. Cute. Not sure when, where or how to start one? Not to worry, Google keeps it simple. Google Weddings also helps you organize your guest list, seating chart, music list and address book - Ummm, what are you waiting for? Click the link.


2. www.thebrokeassbride.com - If the name alone isn't enough for you to check this link, lets keep it real here. As much as we'd all love to have an infinity budget to plan our dream wedding, the simple truth is - we have a budget.  The lovely ladies at brokeassbride do an excellent job of showing us creative and budget friendly ideas to keep the fabulosity in our pocket pinched wedding planning.


3. www.stylemepretty.com - This wedding blog is oozing uber amounts of wedding inspiration. They have a section called "Real Weddings".  If anything, please check it out for the romantic stories and pretty pictures. You will find inspiration here.


4. www.tenthousandonly.blogspot.com - *A MUST READ* This was the first wedding blog I stumbled upon the day after he proposed. I was glued. This blog documents a determined brides two year journey and her goal to spend not a penny more than $10,000 on her dream wedding. Unfortunately, she doesn't update this blog anymore (she is now married and yes you find out at the end if its possible) - Start from the very beginning, re-live her journey and find out if she meets her goal.


5. www.ariadress.com - OK, I don't have to tell you that NO two women have the same curves. Some dresses flatter you and look dreadful on me, and vice versa. Don't make your bridesmaids wear the same dress if the dress only looks good on a size 2 mannequin. I love Aria Dress because each dress is built from the ground up for YOUR body type, YOUR measurements, and made to make YOU look and feel fabulous! Soooo many colors and styles and lengths to choose from. You pick the color scheme and let your girls choose the rest. And yes! They do the Wedding Dress too!! The best part - your bridesmaids wont feel bad about the cost because these dresses are so cute, they'll actually wear the dress again to another party in the future! Hollaaaaa!


6. www.travelersjoy.com - This is one I wish I had found just a day or two sooner - not kidding. So the conventional Wedding Registry is just not your thing. You already have your amazing William Sonoma Panini-Press and powerful Dyson Vacuum.  You don't need another toaster, or wine opener ... what you REALLY want is and unforgettable honeymoon to FIJI!!  Travelersjoy to the rescue - Your wedding guest help you with the Honeymoon of a lifetime! A Wedding Registry you and he will surly LOVE!!


7. http://www.bloomsbythebox.com/ - Do it yourself flowers!! Do you cringe at the thought of spending $3,000 on the flower arrangements - *cough, cough* they do die the next day *cough,cough*.  (I know I do) Or maybe you're just a really crafty lady, and love the thought of creatively styling your perfect wedding day arrangements. Beautiful and affordable!! Bloomsbythebox helps you to put your precious wedding planning dollars into something LASTING ...  like your Wedding Album! *wink, wink*


8. http://www.twoofus.org/ -  I really enjoy twofus because they offer some valuable insight to "Life After the Wedding" and get into the kinda complicated stuff no one discussed with you before hand.  A healthy marriage resource you'll be interested in long after you say I DO.

9. http://www.colormemarried.com/ - I LOVE colors. Colors can change your mood with one glance. One of the most fun parts of planning your wedding is picking your color scheme! Color Me Married provides color-coordinated shopping suggestions and schemes based on your wedding colors. Give it a try! 

10. 50 Wedding Photos Can't Do Without via (www.theknot.com) - If you're the type of bride that wants the entire story, right down the to tiniest detail of the day captured then this is a must see article from The Knot - I know I said they're overwhelming sometimes, but this article in particular is SO dead on for me I just had to share with you. 50 examples of simple, beautiful yet powerful images that will keep the memories fresh in your mind for years to come. I LIVE for images like this both in terms of my photography style and in regards to my own wedding.  So, please read and educated yourself on the type of photos you want on your big day. Knowing what you want in advance really helps your process in choosing your wedding photographer!

11. http://www.davidsbridal.com/ - If you're a bride that cringes at the thought of stepping foot in a David's Bridal, I have some news for you.  Vera Wang has dropped a fabulos line at David's Bridal this month - And these dresses are to DIE for!! I feel that David's Bridal truly has a strong collection of offerings these days - Gorgeous gowns in a variety of sizes, styles, colors and price ranges. Its seems there is something for everyone here. Speaking from personal experience, I was very surprised with the quality of service I recieved when shopping recently. I advise you to at least take a look around because you might be pleased with what you see!



This is my short-list of go-to resources. I will definitely add to it as I continue my search for more wedding information and inspiration. I hope you find this even a tiny bit helpful. From one bride-to-be to another ... through these sites, I learn something new everyday!! Until next time! :)


So, read carefully and enjoy the wedding planning process. Don't stress!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
CoffeeShop Designs